SEELANGS Administrivia (was Re: Kaczynski, Katyn)

Alex Rudd alex.rudd at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 12 15:56:23 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 5:28 AM, Grover Furr-FM <furrg_nj at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> It's exactly the time to raise this issue. There's a major historical
> coverup going on, and both Polish and Russian leaders are a party to it.

Dear SEELANGS Members,

Perhaps Grover Furr is now raising this issue elsewhere.  He is no
longer subscribed to the SEELANGS list.

As a reminder, here is an excerpt from the current version of the
SEELANGS Welcome message:

----------  Begin ----------

***** USE OF THE LIST *****

There are many people subscribed to SEELANGS.  Most are instructors
or students of one type or another, and all of them presumably have
some interest in Slavic Languages and Literatures.  List members’
specific areas of interest vary, as does the knowledge they bring
to our discussions.  Please remember that every other list member
is deserving of your respect, and conduct yourself accordingly when
posting.

Specifically, remember that “Slavic Languages and Literatures” is
what brings people to this list, yet not every post will contain
a question or comment fitting neatly under that heading.  If you
are concerned that someone has posted something falling, in your
opinion, too far from the central purpose of the list, do not
write to the entire list to express your displeasure.  Instead,
first understand that there must be some amount of wiggle room on
a list like SEELANGS, as there will be small differences in what
subscribers expect to see here.  If you are new to the list, please
observe for awhile to see the uses to which most members put it.

If you must voice your opposition to the fact that a given subject
has been raised on the list, please write directly to the list
owners, as they will be in a position to take action, or explain
why taking action is not warranted.  The list owners can be
reached by writing to:

SEELANGS-Request at BAMA.UA.EDU

For purposes of clarification, please note that the discussion of
discrete political matters is not welcome on SEELANGS.  However,
as political and other concerns have influenced Slavic Languages
and Literatures, if posting on such a theme, use common sense and
recognize when your contribution has ceased to be about aiding
linguistic comprehension, and has begun to be purely political.
There are many other discussion lists and similar on-line discussion
forums that exist solely for the discussion of politics, and you
should not confuse SEELANGS with them.

Alex Rudd
List owner e-mail: seelangs-request at bama.ua.edu
Personal e-mail: Alex.Rudd at gmail.com
http://seelangs.home.comcast.net/
Any opinion expressed above is not necessarily shared by my employers.