povodil: sov. ili nesov.?

ameliede at EARTHLINK.NET ameliede at EARTHLINK.NET
Fri Apr 16 17:47:01 UTC 2010

At 10:11 AM 4/16/2010, you wrote:
>I am afraid, it is wrong. "Povodil' is perfective, the imperfective pair to
>it is 'vodil', whereas 'poviol', also perfective, has 'viol' as an
>imperfective pair. The strange thing about the quotation, though, is its
>final Present tense. I guess it is possible, but very uncommon  and
>ungrammatical.
>
>Elena Ostrovskaya.
Wouldn't the impf past here, 'pisal' have the implication of a pluperfect?
Perfective sequence, followed by impf, discussed in many gramm. manuals...
Unfortunately I am working from a rusty memory...
Jules Levin
Los Angeles