Question about tones in address of russian leaders in media

Leigh Burns nashemir at YAHOO.COM
Tue Apr 20 18:08:36 UTC 2010

I am full of questions today!  One more question.  As I
Good friends;

I am full of questions today!  One more question.  As I dig deeper into my культурный studies and I watch more and more russian news from NTV and 1TV, I've started to notice that Medvedev and Putin seem to sometime change tones in their addresses. For example, Medvedev in his polite words during questioning in Spain/Buenos Airos referring to the American Summit, saying that he pretty much didnt care what the US thought.  Some days, he's nice and politically correct, some days, not so much. I was wondering what dissertations or papers written recently exist about this trend.

In addition, I've noticed that Putin sometimes uses quite colloquial and (seemingly crude) language instead of the flowery and eloquent language I would have expected, especially during his budget address today.  I know it is deliberate and I have formed my personal reasons in class (he wants to bond with the every day workers, he wants to scare his opposition into believing his way), but I was wondering if and what other reasons people may have about this topic, and if so, what they have cared to verbally express about it.  Any dissertations or papers recently written on this topic that colleagues have come across would be equally helpful to know.

I can get some information from a quick internet search, but asking people knowlegdable on the subject may get me more precise and focused results.  Also, asking you all gets the information to me more quickly, because I get distracted surfing!

Thanks in advance for consideration and help.

You may respond off line personnaly as well as to the general population.

Leigh B

LaDonna Burns, SSGt, USAF
Davis Monthan AFB AZb