Resources for Hearing Impaired Students

Brian Johnson brianrjohnsonphd at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 20 20:19:28 UTC 2010

Fellow SEELANGTSY,
I have a hearing impaired student who has enrolled in my first year Russian
course for next fall. He relies heavily upon lip reading to communicate. Do
any of you know of any foreign language resources for hearing impaired
students that may be helpful? In particular I am looking materials to help
him learn how to lip read Russian and mitigate the influence of my accent on
his lip reading, such as video clips of Russians pronouncing sounds and
words while looking directly into the camera, or something along those
lines. Any ideas would be helpful. Please reply off list to
bjohnso1 at swarthmore.edu. I thank you in advance.
Yours,
Brian

--
Brian R. Johnson
Assistant Professor of Russian Language and Literature