The Russian National Library

Slivkin, Yevgeniy A. slivkin at OU.EDU
Thu Apr 29 16:21:41 UTC 2010

Dear Anne Marie,
Thank you for sharing your experience with me. The problem, as I see it, is that OVIR registers foreigners, and I am technically not a foreigner in Russia since I am a Russian passport holder and use this passport to enter Russia.

Yevgeny Slivkin

From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list [SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu] on behalf of anne marie devlin [anne_mariedevlin at HOTMAIL.COM]
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 3:39 AM
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] The Russian National Library

Dear Yevgeny,
I had a similar problem when I found myself 'unregistered' and potentially in trouble.  However, my friend was able to go to OVIR and temporarily register me at her address.  It wasn't easy and required a bit of pleading.  If you explain your situation - and provide official documentation from your host institute, a sympathetic official may come to your aid.
Good luck
Anne Marie