"Chekhov, prime fare of the Soviet schoolroom"

Victoria Thorstensson thorstensson at WISC.EDU
Fri Apr 30 22:42:45 UTC 2010

Sorry for this last post. Naturally, all those fine critics would have analyzed Chekhov's writings and character very well, have they had a chance to :)

This only shows that a mind, properly trained in the Soviet school approaches to literature, would have no difficulty in finding a place for any author, Russian or not, along these familiar lines. Maybe, this can be an answer to your question...