FW: "What is the art of translation?"

Valentino, Russell russell-valentino at UIOWA.EDU
Sun Aug 1 17:41:31 UTC 2010

As we've touched on this topic from time to time here, I thought some might be interested in this piece, which Will Firth let me know about. Some of you will know Will from one or another of his many fine translations (from German, Russian, and BCS). I believe he also did the subtitles for the film Russian Ark.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKikFUcoEww<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKikFUcoEww>

It's in German and BCS / Macedonian.

Russell