Tolstoy Question

Gasan Gusejnov gusejnov at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 26 19:20:14 UTC 2010

Dear friends,

линейка and простыня seem to be here the  compact catalogue of usual
punishment for children (and slaves) with their капризничанье.
Линейка - to beat them in the classroom, wet cold простыня - to quash their
rebellion or destroy their will. As far as I remember, there are
descriptions of such punishment in Leskov and elsewhere.

Thank you for drawing our attention to these three words of LNT!

gg <http://lenta.ru/columns/2010/08/16/johnson/>

Gasan Gusejnov / Гасан Гусейнов