Why do Russians eat potatoes without the skin?

Donna Seifer donna.seifer at COMCAST.NET
Sun Feb 7 21:32:23 UTC 2010

In Moscow in 2006 I saw KARTOSHKA booths selling baked-in-the-skin potatoes
outside many Metro stations, including Universitetskaia.  There was often a
line as customers selected from a dozen toppings, then crowded around tall
tables to eat their spuds skins on.  So, SOME Russians, at least some
Muscovites, eat potatoes with the skin ;-)

Donna Seifer