Why do Russians eat potatoes without the skin?

Helen Halva hhalva at MINDSPRING.COM
Mon Feb 8 14:17:53 UTC 2010

I was introduced to the skins of baked potatoes as a small child by a
friend my own age before 1950; in my grandparents' farm family we always
ate boiled "new" potatoes with the skins on. I think they did become
popular as appetizers, with cheese and bacon, in the 1970's or '80's.