Why do Russians eat potatoes without the skin?

Evgeny Steiner es9 at SOAS.AC.UK
Mon Feb 8 14:31:13 UTC 2010

According to Van Gogh's The Potato Eaters and his several sketches titled
The Potato Peeler or Peeling Potatoes (all painted in 1885 in Nuenen), Dutch
peasants back then were closer to Russians than to modern Americans.

Evgeny