Why do Russians eat potatoes without the skin?

Edward M Dumanis dumanis at BUFFALO.EDU
Tue Feb 9 16:36:57 UTC 2010

No, the song at  http://a-pesni.golosa.info/baby/kartochka-p.htm
is a different song.
I was looking for a Russian version of a Belorussian song called "Bulba"
where the refrain was preserved in Belorussian.

Sincerely,

Edward Dumanis <dumanis at buffalo.edu>