MIMS: EXTENDED DEADLINE for abstracts: Sunday 28 February 2010

Bernhard Brehmer bernhard.brehmer at UNI-HAMBURG.DE
Wed Feb 10 12:53:24 UTC 2010

Dear colleagues,

The International Conference on Multilingual Individuals and Multilingual
Societies (MIMS) is hosted by the Collaborative Reseach Centre on
Multilingualism at the University of Hamburg and will be held from 6- 8 October
2010. We cordially invite submissions for papers, posters and workshops. Due
to numerous requests, we have extended the submission deadline for
abstracts to 28 February 2010.

CALL FOR PAPERS - Multilingual Individuals and Multilingual Societies MIMS

EXTENDED DEADLINE for abstracts: Sunday 28 February 2010

The International Conference on Multilingual Individuals and Multilingual
Societies will focus on the following topics:

  * multilingual acquisition
  * multilingual communities and multilingual communication
  * linguistic variation
  * language contact
  * language attrition
  * linguistic minorities
  * educational challenges in multilingual societies
  * multilingual language corpora

We invite proposals for: colloquia/workshops, individual papers, and posters on
the topics listed above.

Abstracts should be submitted in electronic form. The deadline for abstract
submission is February 28, 2010. All abstracts will be peer reviewed.
Information concerning the required structure of the abstracts and proposals
as well as the relevant submission procedure can be found on the conference
website (http://www.mims.uni-hamburg.de).

A selection of papers will be published in the conference volume “Multilingual
Individuals and Multilingual Societies” in the Series Hamburg Studies on
Multilingualism (John Benjamins, Amsterdam).

We are looking forward to meeting you in Hamburg!

On behalf of the Local Organizing Committee
Bärbel Rieckmann