CFP--Translation Studies

Susan LaVelle lave0093 at UMN.EDU
Fri Feb 12 05:48:23 UTC 2010

No, it is not a private correspondence; I was responding to this comment
(repeated below) made by one SEELANGS contributor:

Isn't this a case of 'Humanities Lite'?

regarding this entry (repeated below) made by another SEELANGS contributor:

>International Conference Announcement and First Call for Papers
>
>"Shifting Paradigms: How Translation Transforms the Humanities"
>
>October 14-16, 2010
>
>The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
>Levis Faculty Center
> etc.

I felt that it was inappropriate to speak so negatively about the
conference, since some SEELANGERS might find it interesting and other
SEELANGERS are contributing to it. It didn't seem appropriate to be so
disparaging about someone else's field of interest. It could easily squelch
genuine academic inquiry.