App deadline for summer programs in Russia and Kyrgyzstan

Lisa Horner l_horner at ACG.RU
Wed Feb 17 07:03:21 UTC 2010

Dear SEELANGERs,

The School of Russian and Asian Studies (SRAS) would like to remind you
about application deadlines for our summer programs.

We provide custom options based on your interests or research projects
(contact us at study at sras.org!), or can provide the following standard
programs:

*The Arts in Russia - it's not only for art students but for anyone with a
strong interest in the arts and culture as a way of understanding the people
and history of Russia. Hosted in St. Petersburg at the Hermitage.
http://sras.org/study_art_in_russia
Dates: June 7 - July 18, 2010
Application deadline: March 1, 2010

*Kyrgyz Summer Adventure - students are provided with intensive Kyrgyz
and/or Russian language training for three weeks and then spend one week on
horseback, touring the countryside and practicing the language. Hosted in
Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. http://sras.org/kyrgyz_focus
Dates: June 28 - July 25, 2010
Application deadline: March 31, 2010

*Russian Studies Abroad - provides a program core of intense language study
and cultural immersion, plus a range of electives in English covering
subjects from culture and history to politics and economics. Hosted in
Moscow. http://sras.org/russian_studies
Dates: May 24 - June 25, 2010 (Session I) and/or June 28 - July 30, 2010
(Session II)
Application deadline: March 1, 2010 for Session I; March 31, 2010 for
Session II

*Siberian Studies - a full-time course offering intensive Russian language
training at your level, plus courses in English on the history, development
and current state of Siberia. Hosted in Irkutsk.
http://sras.org/study_siberia
Program dates: June 7 - Aug 13, 2010
Application deadline: March 1, 2010

*Russian Far East - you'll be immersed in Russian language courses while
studying the economics, history, and politics of the region (in English)
while living in its most powerful economic and military center. Hosted in
Vladivostok. http://sras.org/study_russian_far_east

*Intensive Russian Summer - it packs 125 contact hours into just five weeks,
making it one of the most intensive programs available on any continent.
Hosted in Moscow. http://sras.org/intensive_russian_summer
Program dates: June 7 - July 30, 2010
Application deadline: March 1, 2010

*Russian as a Second Language - intensive language study in Nizhny Novgorod,
Novosibirsk, Irkutsk, Vladivostok, Bishkek (Kyrgyz language also available),
Moscow or St. Petersburg. http://sras.org/study_russian_abroad
Dates: June 7 - July 30, 2010 (Early Session), or July 5 - Aug 13, 2010
(Late Session)
Application deadline: March 1, 2010 for Early Session; March 31, 2010 for
Late Session

If you have interest in study abroad or research abroad in Russia or
Kyrgyzstan, contact us at study at sras.org for advice from your own personal
consultant.

We also assist with professor-lead tours - see
http://sras.org/faculty_led_travel for more info.

Please also see our page on funding opportunities for American students -
http://www.sras.org/grants_and_scholarships_for_russia

We hope to see you in Russia soon!

Best,

Lisa Horner