another translation question

Elena Ostrovskaya elena.ostrovskaya at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 22 05:17:42 UTC 2010

To be absolutely honest, the quote itself sounds a bit strange to the modern
Russian ear. You can use 'slog' for style, yes, but you do not normally say
just 'I have a Russian style', since it does not make much sense. Even
within the longer quotation (as suggested by Google) it sounds a bit out of
date, much more so on its own. So, I would not try to take it out and would
translate the whole thing like that: "I have spoken Russian all my life,
have thought in Russian all my life, my manner [of speaking (expression?)]
is Russian".
THat is I would definitely prefer manner to style.
And if hte idea of translation is to make it smooth and impressive, "Russian
voice" seems great.
My two cents.
Elena Ostrovskaya