AAASS 2010 Panel on magic in Russian literature

Rebecca Jane Stanton rjs19 at columbia.edu
Fri Jan 8 12:49:04 UTC 2010

Dear colleagues,

Would anyone like to be the third speaker on a panel David Powelstock
and I are putting together on "magic words" (which might be understood
literally or figuratively) in modern Russian literature?  The two papers
already included deal, respectively, with "Magical Symbolism in Doctor
Zhivago" and "_Magiia slov_ Revisited: Bely's _Petersburg_ and Literary
Hypertext."  We are, of course, happy to extend the theme of the panel
to include other kinds of magic, texts from other periods or non-Russian
traditions, etc., or even outside the frame of literature, if someone
has an alternative disciplinary perspective to bring to the topic.

If interested, please let me know (rjs19 at columbia.edu), and happy new year!

Rebecca Stanton

--
Rebecca Stanton