literary works about USSR's war in Afghanistan

Nataliya Kun nataliya.kun at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 8 18:12:54 UTC 2010

Dear Edyta,

Here is a web-page where you can find dozens of references to fiction,
documentary, and film devoted to the war in Afghanistan:

http://www.rus.org/afgan/afglit.htm

Best,
Nataliya

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Edyta Bojanowska
<bojanows at rci.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> Dear Colleagues,
> Would anyone have suggestions for literary texts that react to the USSR's
> war in Afghanistan?  I am interested in either Soviet or post-Soviet works
> that exist in English translation.  Short fiction would be ideal.  This is
> meant for a survey course about the theme of empire in Russian literature
> and film.  I am also looking for works of Soviet literature that engage
> imperial themes more broadly (not just about Afghanistan) -  again, ideally
> in short fiction.  (I am not entirely happy with my choice of Vyacheslav
> Ivanov's "Armoured Train 14-69.") I can be reached at
> bojanows at rci.rutgers.edu.
>
> Many thanks in advance for your help-
> Edyta Bojanowska
>
> --
>
> Edyta Bojanowska
> Assistant Professor
> Dept. of Germanic, Russian, and East European Languages and Literatures
> Rutgers University, 195 College Ave, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
> phone: (732) 932-7201, fax: (732) 932-1111
> http://german.rutgers.edu/faculty/profiles/bojanowska.htm

>  options, and more.  Visit and bookmark the SEELANGS Web Interface at:
>                   http://seelangs.home.comcast.net/

Nataliya Kun
Ph.D. Candidate, Harvard University
Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
12 Quincy St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
kun at fas.harvard.edu