AAASS 2010 panel: "'Surplus History': responses to the Yugoslav wars in film and literature"

antje postema apostema at UCHICAGO.EDU
Sat Jan 9 03:35:47 UTC 2010

Hello, all.
I'm organizing a panel which investigates various artistic responses
to the Yugoslav wars of 1991-2001. This topic is broadly conceived,
and intentionally so, in order to offer many points for analysis and
both historical and artistic perspectives.

Current papers deal with 1) Yugoslav film criticism and psychoanalysis
and 2) the wartime poetry of Semezdin Mehmedinović. We are looking for
at least one other person interested in giving a paper on this topic
and welcome those writing from any humanistic background. We are also
seeking a panel chair and discussant.

Please contact me off-list within the next few days with paper ideas,
or if you would be willing to fill any of the chair/discussant roles.
Thanks very much.

Yours,

Antje Postema
University of Chicago