Chair needed for AAASS panel on first-person narrative

Tom Roberts roberts4 at STANFORD.EDU
Fri Jan 15 09:40:34 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

We are seeking a chair for a panel we are organizing for AAASS, based around different approaches to first-person Russian narrative. Topics addressed in the panel include: citation and autobiographical discourse in the work of Vasily Rozanov and Venedikt Erofeev; identity formation in the writings (memoirs, case studies) of nineteenth-century Russian doctors; and the relationship between frame narrative and religious discourse in Nikolai Leskov. We already have a discussant, and just need a chair, to complete the panel. The deadline, of course, is fast approaching, so we hope someone will be able to help us out!

Please email me off-list if you are interested!

best wishes,
Tom

--
Tom Roberts
Dept. of Slavic Languages & Literatures, Stanford University