Bradda's successor

RA Coates, Russian Ruth.Coates at BRISTOL.AC.UK
Fri Jan 22 09:36:04 UTC 2010

Did Bradda not go to Bristol Classical Press (an imprint of Duckworth)?
Certainly BCP reprinted some Bradda texts - I have examples in my office. I
believe BCP has also now disappeared, however.

Ruth Coates

--On 22 January 2010 03:12 -0600 Prof Steven P Hill <s-hill4 at ILLINOIS.EDU>
wrote:

> Dear colleagues:
>
> Bradda Books (located in Letchworth, Hertfordshire, UK) specialized
> in publishing inexpensive  public-domain editions of Russian-language
> classics in the 1960s and 1970s.  Bradda long ago went  out of business.
>
> But did some book-seller or -publisher INHERIT Bradda's backlog
> of unsold copies, i.e., who became Bradda's successor?  Or did Bradda's
> entire backlog go up in flames, leaving nothing but ashes?
>
> Who would know the answer?
>
> Sincerely,
> Steven P Hill,
> University  of Illinois (USA).