Russian Week

Devin Browne dpbrowne at MAC.COM
Thu Jan 28 03:18:26 UTC 2010

I have to admit, anything vaguely associated w/ Mardi Gras would go over
well with high school students, especially those who see their French peers
donning beads and silly hats.  Someone on this list -- I have the email
saved somewhere -- used to do an Iron Chef cook off (East vs. West, blinis
vs. crepes) kind of event to celebrate the season.

We need more than us wonks pushing this, though.  Russian Life is on board
(big thanks!).  Could we work on ACTR?  And/Or AATSEEL to take up the cause?
 Any other orgs that would make sense at promoting an idea like this?  Does
the Russian embassy in the US do any outreach type work?

Devin