Jury Award Announced for Vestnik

Josh Wilson jwilson at SRAS.ORG
Tue Jul 13 13:03:04 UTC 2010

Dear SEELANGers,

For those of you hoping to encourage study abroad and original research by
your students:

In celebration of the return of VESTNIK, The Journal of Russian and Asian
Studies, the world's first online journal focused on showcasing student
research on Eurasia, the editorial board is pleased to announce that a $200
Jury Award will be given to the most interesting, original, and well-written
paper published in the next edition of VESTNIK. Details on the award and the
call for papers can be found on our site here:
http://www.sras.org/call_for_papers_vestnik

SRAS is also pleased to announce that the Charles Braver Language
Exploration Grant for Spring, 2011 will award $1000 to a promising student
looking to study Kyrgyz, Russian, or Chinese on our programs. Deadline is
Oct 1, 2010. More information can be found on our site here:
http://www.sras.org/language_grants_russia

The SRAS Research Abroad Grant will award $1000 to upperclassman and
graduate students who will conduct research in Russia or Kyrgyzstan over the
2010-2011 school year. Deadline: Sept 17, 2010. More Information can be
found on our site here: http://www.sras.org/research_grants_russia

And, as always, lots of info about funding for study abroad can be found
here: http://www.sras.org/grants_and_scholarships_for_russia and information
about current open cycles can be found here:
http://www.sras.org/scholarships_for_russia

I hope you are all enjoying your summer!

Sincerely,

Josh Wilson
Assistant Director
The School of Russian and Asian Studies
Editor in Chief
Vestnik, The Journal of Russian and Asian Studies
SRAS.org
jwilson at sras.org