Reposting on Toronto

Donna Orwin donna.orwin at UTORONTO.CA
Tue Jul 20 16:43:18 UTC 2010

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to respond to a recent posting on SEELANGS about the future of
Toronto's program in Slavic.  We appreciate colleagues' expressions of
concern but would like to clarify the situation.  Our university is in the
process of a reorganization of several language and literature departments
in which our department is involved.  We have been assured that the
university is committed to the continuation and even the strengthening of
our programs on both the undergraduate and the graduate level.  In the midst
of this process, we would welcome testimonials sent to our Dean of Arts and
Sciences as to our status in the field. Our programs are thriving and look
forward to a prosperous future.   We are excited about new possibilities for
us.

We have one of the youngest and most dynamic and varied programs in the
field, and we intend to keep it that way.

If anyone has any further questions, please write to me or other members of
the Slavic Dept., or Christina Kramer, the Chair.  If you want to write the
Dean on our behalf, the address is: officeofthedean at artsci.utoronto.ca.

Sincerely yours,

Donna Orwin

Donna Tussing Orwin, Professor

President, North American Tolstoy Society

Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures

University of Toronto

415 Alumni Hall

121 St. Joseph St.

Toronto, ON M5S 1J4