Did Mr. Mayakovsky die in the gulag?

Deborah Hoffman lino59 at AMERITECH.NET
Mon Mar 1 12:49:51 UTC 2010

He's gotten Mayakovsky confused with Mandelshtam most likely. Perhaps they will print a retraction after someone writes.

To:
>undisclosed-recipients

Although interesting, the NYT article ends on a factual error:
Mayakovsky committed suicide on April 14th, 1930 in Moscow
>after writing:
"...The love boat has crashed against the everyday. You and
(http://www.kirjasto.sci.fi/majakovs.htm, in English)
>(http://2002.novayagazeta.ru/nomer/2002/68n/n68n-s26.shtml,
in Russian (expertise on the cause of Mayakovsky's death,
(http://bibliotekar.ru/encSuicid/62.htm, in Russian, on the >
>circunstances of Mayakovsky's suicide with the complete quote
of his farewell letter)

Philippe Frison
(Strasbourg, France)