Mr. Mayakovsky too died in the gulag,

ameliede at EARTHLINK.NET ameliede at EARTHLINK.NET
Mon Mar 1 19:07:44 UTC 2010

At 05:20 AM 3/1/2010, you wrote:

>Is there a decent historical study of how the decision to embalm
>Lenin's corpse was arrived at?
>
>Grover Furr
>Montclair State U.

This may be legendary/apocryphal, but I read that the process
specifically of shaping the cult was in the hands of a former
Orthodox seminarian and a Yeshiva "graduate".  I've always thought
that the formula "Lenin lived, Lenin lives, Lenin will live for ever"
comes from the Hebrew prayer book (not about Lenin of course) and is
recited daily.
Jules Levin
Los Angeles