Another puzzle for your consideration

Curt F. Woolhiser cwoolhis at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Mon Mar 8 03:39:12 UTC 2010

If one takes into account the sabesdiker-losn pronunciation (merging the
hushing "sh" with "s"), as reflected in the surname Savler, then the form
"Savil" wouldn't be too far off the mark for the original Litvak Yiddish
"Savel."