for discussion

Valentino, Russell russell-valentino at UIOWA.EDU
Wed Mar 10 15:00:13 UTC 2010

Does anyone on the list know of larger treatments of the renaming phenomenon that put recent Ukrainian tensions in larger historical perspective? The case shares similarities with other places, e.g., Vojvodina, Istria, Macedonia, Dalmatia, and I'm sure others can think of more. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has done comparative work on the topic.

Russell Valentino