Business Russian 101

Josh Wilson jwilson at SRAS.ORG
Thu Mar 18 21:44:55 UTC 2010

SRAS, in partnership with Delta Private Equity Partners, recently made
"Taming the Wild East" available for free online.

The book tells the stories of some of Russia's first entrepreneurs after the
fall of the USSR. While the situation is different today, much of this same
"feel" is still here in the business environment.

Download it for free from our site:

http://www.sras.org/books_for_winter_reading_russia_2010

Best,

Josh Wilson
Assistant Director
The School of Russian and Asian Studies
Editor in Chief
Vestnik, The Journal of Russian and Asian Studies
SRAS.org
jwilson at sras.org

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of Edward Dumanis
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2010 12:26 AM
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Subject: [SEELANGS] Business Russian 101

My friend is preparing a course on the culture of business in Russia.
She plans to include there just the alphabet and a few bits of
conversational Russian with the rest of the course being related to
the culture of business in Russia and related topics in history,
literature and a little of politics. It seems to me that I have read
something of this nature on this list.
Please share your ideas again.

Sincerely,

Edward Dumanis