Request for testimonials: FEB-web

Joe Peschio peschio at UWM.EDU
Thu Mar 25 21:44:07 UTC 2010

Dear SEELANGSers,

I am writing on behalf of The Fundamental Digital Library of Russian Literature and Folklore (Russian Academy of Sciences, http://feb-web.ru). I know many of you use FEB-web on a daily basis, and I’ve been told by several SEELANGS members that FEB-web has fundamentally changed how they work. I’d like to ask for support from SEELANGSers for whom FEB-web has become an indispensable tool.

We have recently taken up part of the FEB-web digitization process here at U of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Over the past few months, we've completed photography and initial processing for 25 volumes of the 90-volume Tolstoy PSS, as well as the first two volumes of the new Gogol PSS and a number of scholarly monographs. We’d like to expand this operation, which will require substantial support from our administration. Toward that end, I am collecting testimonials from users of FEB-web. Any statements that might impress upon an administrator the importance of FEB-web to our field would be a great help to us in this effort. Please send your blurbs to me at peschio at uwm.edu . Thanks in advance for your support!

For anyone unfamiliar with FEB-web, I urge you to check it out ( http://feb-web.ru ). It’s completely non-commercial, fully searchable, philologically sound, and doesn’t require any registration.

Best wishes,

Joe Peschio

English-language editor and US representative

The Fundamental Digital Library of Russian Literature and Folklore (feb-web.ru) Assistant Professor of Russian
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee