Arguments about translators and translation

Robert Chandler kcf19 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Tue May 25 16:14:19 UTC 2010

Dear Russell,

I wholeheartedly agree with what you say below.  Nearly all my previous
letters to the rights department at Random House have been attempts to get
them to be more easy-going, to be more willing to grant a licence, say, to
some small theatre or small magazine, promptly and just for a token sum, or
even gratis.

I think the continual extension of copyright duration is stultifying, for
the reasons you say.

Nevertheless, the way that Scottish Opera have behaved is insulting.

All the best,

Robert