Bosnian cinema - and director Pjer Zalica

Karabatic, Frane frane-karabatic at UIOWA.EDU
Sat May 29 17:52:06 UTC 2010

Dear, Susan.

I hope I can help with some information. First of all, it's nice to see that someone is interesting to explore Croatian, Bosnian, Serbian cinematography. There is so may good movies that I can recommend  (apart from the above you've said) – for example:  Sto je muskarac bez brkova (What is a man without a moustache), Armin, Duga mracna noc (Long dark night), Sivi kamion crvene boje (Red coloured grey truck), etc.

Here is the link that can help for your further research on line (GENERAL LINK):
http://www.film.hr/baza_film_svifilmovi.php?filmoviPage=1
The site is in Croatian, but writing the each title in Google I'm sure you can find additional information.

FOR EACH COUNTRY

Croatian movies: http://hr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodatak:Popis_hrvatskih_filmova (''naslov filma'' is Croatian term for TITLE)

Bosnian movies: Grbavica, Nicija zemlja (No man's Land), Gori vatra (Fuse), Kod amidze Idriza (Days and hours), Ljeto u zlatnoj dolini (Summer in the Golden Valley), Snijeg (Snow)...

List of Serbian movies: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Serbian_films

P.S. one thing that I would like to mention is to make a comment about one of your sentences. Talking about languages of Former Yugoslavia I must say that today we talk about 3 different languages: Croatian, Bosnian, Serbian Language. It's not that I'm so sensitive when someone says Serbo-Croatian, it's just for the sake of general knowledge in intellectual circles...

Best.
I hope I helped.

Frane Karabatic