celebrating books and characters [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

sam mesplay smesplay at YAHOO.COM
Tue Nov 30 05:58:32 UTC 2010

And there is the statue of die Bremer Stadtmusikantenat the Rathaus in Bremen.
And here's the Russian connection: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUUruo0XF6g

Cheers,
Sam

________________________________
From: "Subhash.Jaireth at GA.GOV.AU" <Subhash.Jaireth at GA.GOV.AU>
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Sent: Sun, November 28, 2010 10:01:12 PM
Subject: [SEELANGS] celebrating books and characters [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Hi,

In Moscow, in the house where Mikhail Bulgakov lived, there is a museum, not so
much to honour the writer but the book and it's characters. Similarly in Yalta
there is a sculptural composition called Lady with a lapdog (dedicated to the
two characters of Chekhov's well-know story). I working on a book about such
things in which not the author but fictional characters become part of the city
space. I'll be grateful if someone can lead me to similar stories. The
characters need not be from fictional narratives only. I would love to know if
characters from a novel/film/play/tv serial have found a monument dedicated to
them.

Thanks

Subhash