North California Translation prize

Nina Murray n_shevchuk at YAHOO.COM
Tue Nov 30 15:51:17 UTC 2010

Forwarding along:

Dear Friends:

The Center for the Art of Translation is co-sponsoring the Northern California
Book Award in Translation for the best translation by a Northern California
translator. We are continuing to collect eligible titles but the deadline for
nominations is quickly approaching so please send in any suggestions for the
award.

We ask for your assistance in identifying books that may be qualified for the
translation award. Eligible titles include book-length translations from any
language into English (primarily fiction and poetry, though some non-fiction may
be considered) published by Northern California translators in 2010. For
clarification, Northern California is here defined as Fresno and north to the
Oregon border; the publisher does not have to be from Northern California, but
the translator must currently reside there.
Anyone can suggest a translation for this award; an awards committee will then
select a limited number of finalists. We ask publishers to send 3 copies of any
eligible title to the address below.
Sponsors of the Northern California Book Awards (with categories in fiction,
non-fiction, poetry, children's literature, and translation) include the
Northern California Book Reviewers (formerly Bay Area Book Reviewers
Assn/BABRA), Poetry Flash, the San Francisco Public Library and Friends of the
San Francisco Public Library, Mechanics' Institute, PEN West, and Red Room
(redroom.com).
This year's NCBA ceremony will be held at the San Francisco Main Library on
Sunday, April 10, 2011.

DEADLINE FOR ELIGIBLE BOOKS: DECEMBER 15, 2010
(If the book is due out later in December, we still need all the information in
advance of the deadline.)
For all suggestions, please include the title of the book, the authors name, the
translators name, the publisher, the original language, and the genre, and send
the information to:

awards at catranslation.org
If you are a publisher, please send 3 copies of any eligible book to:

Center for the Art of Translation
Attn: NCBA Translation Award
35 Stillman Street, Suite 201
San Francisco, CA 94107
tel: (415) 512-8812
fax: (415) 512-8824

We look forward to hearing from you,

Olivia E. Sears, Barbara Paschke & the translation committee

35 Stillman Street Suite 201 | San Francisco, CA 94107 US

 Translator of "Fish: A Story of One Migration"
http://www.russianlife.com/peteraleshkovsky/