Research in Moscow

Doug Fiske dougfiske at COX.NET
Wed Oct 6 20:34:35 UTC 2010

Dear Members,

I am looking for an experienced researcher in Moscow to search at RGVIA
(Russian State Military History Archive) and AVPRI (Archive of Foreign
Policy of the Russian Empire) for information about a Russian-born military
man who played a small but significant role in the American Civil War. I
have a great deal of information about his life in the US but almost none
about him in Russia.

I do not know the Russian language, so the researcher must be fluent in
English and Russian and have email access.

I can pay a reasonable hourly rate. I made such an arrangement with a
retired archivist who provided copies of many documents from the National
Archives in Washington, DC.

Many thanks,

Doug