News Source for Students?

David Graber david_graber2 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Oct 11 20:00:49 UTC 2010

I would like to be able to sign my students up for a short digest or email alerts on Russia and Eastern Europe. Ideally, the alerts would be aimed at undergrads with little to no knowledge of Russia and Eastern Europe, with sufficient background on the issues, focused on cultural/historical trends and developments, and short and clever enough so that they would pique the students' curiosity and foil the students' natural inclination to simply delete them and move on. Videos would work as well.

I realize that the odds are against such a service existing, but I thought I'd try the list before attempting to create something like this myself.

Dave Graber
University of North Carolina at Wilmington