: V ili na?

yelena kalinsky kyelenak at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 13 00:07:42 UTC 2010

Dear Liza,

Let me take a stab: you can say в сушилку if you're referring to
putting clothes in a clothes dryer, but you would say на сушилку or
even better на подставку для сушки посуды if you're talking about a
rack. But never в сушку, unless you want to say something like "into
the drying process" (сушка means the act of drying, rather than the
instrument by which one dries, be it a machine or rack). Make sense?

Yelena