French charity in St Petersburg

Francoise Rosset frosset at WHEATONMA.EDU
Thu Oct 14 14:32:07 UTC 2010

I'm sure you've seen these already, but just in case, if you limit the
language to French you get several hits. I just don't know that they
provide much info, but they do list some dates and refer to records:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Association+fran%C3%A7aise+de+bienfaisance%22+Petersbourg+%22Association+fran%C3%A7aise+de+bienfaisance%22&hl=en&num=10&lr=lang_fr&ft=i&cr=&safe=images

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 12:30:07 +0100
  Simon Beattie <Simon at SIMONBEATTIE.CO.UK> wrote:
> Has anyone on the list ever heard of the Association française de
> bienfaisance in St Petersburg (“Frantsuzkoe blagotvoritel’noe
>obshchestvo”
> in Russian)?  It gets a mention here:
> http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustave_Lannes_de_Montebello and I have
>found
> other references online to its good works in the late nineteenth
>century.  I
> would like to know more about it, such as when it was set up etc.
> Any
> suggestions?
>

> Many thanks,
>

> Simon
>

> Simon Beattie
>
> Antiquarian books and music
>

> 84 The Broadway | Chesham | Buckinghamshire | HP5 1EG | UK
>

> tel.  +44 (0)1494 784954 | mobile/voicemail  +44 (0)7717 707575 |
>e-mail
> simon at simonbeattie.co.uk
>

> VAT no.  GB 983 5355 83
>

> Join me on Facebook
><http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=118806184805137>
> .

>  options, and more.  Visit and bookmark the SEELANGS Web Interface
>at:

Francoise Rosset, Associate Professor
Chair, Russian and Russian Studies
Coordinator, German and Russian