follow-up to Colgate's tenure-stream Russian posting

Ian Helfant ihelfant at MAIL.COLGATE.EDU
Mon Oct 18 16:01:08 UTC 2010

Dear colleagues:

A few questions have come in concerning our posting of Colgate's
tenure-stream Russian position via academicjobsonline.  First, here is a
link that should take applicants straight to the relevant posting:
http://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/Colgate/Russian.  Also, we have made it
possible for applicants to upload student evaluations and writing samples,
IF they choose; that does not mean these are required.  Third, candidates
who must submit or request that others submit hard copy (rather than PDFs)
of any materials, including individual recommendations or dossiers, should
send those to: Russian Studies Search Committee/Lawrence Hall 219a/Colgate
University/13 Oak Drive/Hamilton, NY 13346.  All the best. -- Ian H.

PS: we are trying out this method in the hopes that it will streamline our
searches more generally.  It originated in the discipline of math and has
been gaining traction in the sciences; there's no reason we in the social
sciences and humanities can't benefit as well!

Ian Helfant, Ph.D.
Associate Dean of the Faculty
Assoc. Prof. and Chair of Russian
Colgate University