query about Albany cuts

Gabriella Safran gsafran at STANFORD.EDU
Tue Oct 19 18:17:43 UTC 2010

Dear Colleagues,
I'm writing up a protest letter on behalf of Stanford's Division of
Literatures, Cultures, and Languages.  One of my faculty has asked me to
clarify something:  does the university intend to continue language classes,
in the absence of literature departments?  That is, will there still be
first and second year French, Italian, etc.?  Do any of you - at Albany or
elsewhere - know the answer?
take care,
Gabriella Safran

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 6:15 PM, <cjostrow at nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> Here's a link to an Albany tv station's website re: SUNY Albany's
> president's comments (justification? defense?) for the cuts:
>
> http://www.fox23news.com/news/local/story/UAlbany-president-faces-faculty-opponents-to/FD-8JWcTKUiF5yDvV43v5g.cspx
>
> Connie Ostrowski

Gabriella Safran
Professor and Director, Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
Chair, Division of Literatures, Cultures, and Languages
Stanford University
Stanford, CA 94305

tel. 650-723-4414
fax 650-725-0011