Fall Enrollments in Slavic & EE langs

John Schillinger jschill at AMERICAN.EDU
Tue Oct 19 19:53:59 UTC 2010

Dear SEELANGERS-
	The Committee on College and Pre-College Russian website now lists
Fall 2010 enrollments In Russian, other Slavic and EE languages
submitted by 49 programs across the country and in Canada.   To see
this data, go to:

http://www1.american.edu/research/CCPCR/COLLEGEENROLL.htm

	If your program has not yet participated, your data can be easily
submitted by e-mail to:
					 ccpcr at american.edu

	The Fall 2010 census of college and university Russian programs is
still underway.   We are requesting your current enrollments now that
the semester is underway and your class numbers have stabilized.
Hopefully, things have settled down for the fall semester, and we'd
appreciate it if you would please take a couple of minutes today to
help us follow the national trends in our discipline.   Last year's
data again reflected a growth in enrollments--we need to know if this
trend is continuing.
	As in the past, we are requesting your 1st and 2nd year enrollments
in Russian.  In addition to Russian, we are also listing any OTHER
SLAVIC and EE LANGUAGES taught at your institution.  Over 75
institutions responded last year, and their data is now available on
the website shown above.  Along with Russian enrollments, we also list
enrollments at the  first and 2nd year level in the other languages.
	  Each year a national overview of the extent of our offerings in
Slavic and EE languages emerges from your responses to give the
profession a better idea of the distribution and depth of such courses
across the country.  For many of the institutions participating, trend
data now can be followed from 2002 to the present.

John Schillinger
Emeritus Prof. of Russian
American University