Patricia Blake

Lynn Visson lynnvisson at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 21 18:32:15 UTC 2010

This was sent me from a friend at Harvard – thought it might be of interest
to colleagues who knew Patricia Blake - LV.

  daviscrs at fas.harvard.edu

Dear Davis Center Affiliates,

We regret to announce that longtime Davis Center associate Patricia
Blake passed away early morning on October 14^th after a long battle
with lung cancer. A remembrance occasion is being planned**by the
family, and we will pass along the details of this when we have them. In
the meantime, Patricia’s husband Ronnie would like to hear from
Patricia’s friends and is accepting phone calls and letters. His contact
information is below.

Ronnie Dugger

115 Museum Street, Apt. 2

Somerville, MA 02143

T: 617.440.4201

Patricia was a journalist with an interest in Russian literature of the
Soviet period. She had also served as a correspondent in the Soviet
Union for /Time-Life/ and as the consultant on Soviet affairs for
/Time/. She edited five collections in English translation of Soviet-era
Russian literature --some with Max Hayward--including /Dissonant Voices
in Soviet Literature/, /Halfway to the Moon: New Writing from Russia/,
/Writers in Russia/, and two books of poetry, one of Mayakovsky and the
other of Voznesensky. Up until her death, she was working on a biography
of Isaac Babel.

Sincerely,

Terry and Alexandra