Moscow Church

Max Pyziur pyz at BRAMA.COM
Wed Oct 27 19:41:05 UTC 2010

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010, Francoise Rosset wrote:

> Mnogouvazhaemye kollegi:
>
> There is a church in Moscow I'm trying to identify. It is located in the area
> of the Park kultury metro, somewhere near the Tolstoy house. It is white
> (stucco?) with red, orange and green trim, including colored diamond shapes.
> I THOUGHT it was dedicated to Nicholas of Mozhaisk, and had something to do
> with being patron to the tanners' guilds in the area.
>
> Can't find it. Did I just dream all this up?

Would you be thinking of this:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=55.73211616100801+37.59222706118756+&sll=37.547527,56.382423&sspn=3.065885,3.630981&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16

Someone went through a fairly challenging exercise and produced the
following file on "Russian Churches" for Google Maps:
http://rolfgross.dreamhosters.com/Russia-KMZ/RussianChurches-KMZ.kmz

I can't attest to its accuracy, but it offers an interesting approach to
the subject.

fyi,

Max Pyziur
pyz at brama.com