R: [SEELANGS] question

Luciano Di Cocco luciano.dicocco at TIN.IT
Sat Oct 30 22:37:02 UTC 2010

Translations from translations for Japanese and others not commonly studied
languages were very common in Italy until a few years ago. Some still exist,
for example this one:
http://www.scanner.it/libri/mishima1872.php
Starting from the eighties the majority of Japanese authors are translated
directly from Japanese, but still translations from translation do
occasionally appear, especially for "difficult" authors, as the Kyoto school
of philosophy.

As far as I know this didn't happen for Russian. I have never seen a Russian
author translated in Italian from a language different from Russian, but I
may be wrong.

Regards
Luciano Di Cocco