501 Russian Verbs

Thu Sep 2 14:15:18 UTC 2010

Anna Frajlich-Zajac wrote:

> Verbs are always conjugated and nouns, adjectives and pronouns are
> declined.

The exception being Russian past tenses in -l(a,o,i), which are relic
past participles that have lost the conjugated auxiliary verb. Cf.
substandard English "I been," "I done," etc. Since the inflection is for
number and gender and is governed by the subject, it's reasonable to say
these are declined.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com