Teffi - Skazochka - a leshii in a French forest

Elena Ostrovskaya elena.ostrovskaya at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 6 07:37:28 UTC 2010

Dear Robert,

I think technically it's your first version, his hair was sticking out in
two tufts, just the original is very much along common spoken language lines
in terms of word order and vocabulary. You'll definitely have noticed that
yourself, just to be sure.

As for the seeing, I think it might be used instead of 'look' : he was so
funny you just couldn't look at him without bursting with laughter and yes,
those tickling throat and twitching legs are part of that laughter. And come
to think of it, 'twitch' per se has some neurologic sound that is not part
of дрыгать, but that may easily be the idiosyncrasy of my Russian ear.

For what it may be worth,
Elena Ostrovskaya.