help finding book?

Anne Fisher anne.o.fisher at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 8 22:41:16 UTC 2010

Hello Paul,

Thanks for the suggestion. I saw those download opportunities but I inwardly
shrink a little bit at that, since I didn't find any place to pay for the
download (at least, not this one) and so the translator wouldn't get his/her
share of the profit. And I know it would be a measly 2 rubles or some such,
but still... it's the principle of the thing...

I acknowledge a potential counter-argument about whether downloading is
really any different from borrowing someone else's bound copy (since in that
case I also don't pay to use the text) - or about whether the translator
would ever see that pittance anyway, so perhaps the point is moot and in the
end the translator would  be more than pleased just to have someone seeking
out and reading his/her translation...

But that's a whole 'nother ball of worms, and I guess that for now I'll just
say that I'd like to buy or borrow a bound copy if possible. Not to mention
that I much prefer reading from a bound book I can hold in my hand, not from
a screen (even if it is a screen I can also hold in my hand).

All the best,

Annie

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Paul B. Gallagher <
paulbg at pbg-translations.com> wrote:

> Anne Fisher wrote:
>
>  Hello all,
>>
>> Ozon.ru doesn't have the Russian translation of Cormac McCarthy's "All The
>> Pretty Horses" ("Koni, Koni") in stock.
>>
>> <http://www.ozon.ru/context/detail/id/1009410/ >
>>
>> Does anyone have any other ideas where I could look to buy a copy? Or does
>> anyone have a copy I can borrow?
>>

> Will this 4 MB download do, or do you need a bound copy?
>
> <http://www.letitbook.ru/Product/Detail/57076>
>
> There are several other places you can download it.
>
> --
> War doesn't determine who's right, just who's left.
> --
> Paul B. Gallagher
> pbg translations, inc.
> "Russian Translations That Read Like Originals"
> http://pbg-translations.com

>                   http://seelangs.home.comcast.net/

Anne O. Fisher, Ph.D.
Russian Interpreter and Translator