russian podcasts

Anne Fisher anne.o.fisher at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 9 18:43:05 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I've compiled the list of people's favorite podcasts, as promised.

Favorite sites for podcasts include:

- http://rpod.ru/podcasts/
- http://www.svobodanews.ru/
- http://www.sras.org/library_russian_language

Individual podcasts include:

- from Radio Svoboda: Dokumenty proshlogo, Poverkh bar'erov with Ivan Tolstoi.
- also on Svoboda: 2000-2100 itogi broadcast, as well as some of
Vremya i mir and Grani Vremeni (I like both Irina Lagunin and Vladimir
Karamurza).  On the weekends, I listen to S Khristinskoi Tochka
Zreniya and other weekly analysis programs.
- Seva Novgorodtsev of the BBC, the programme BiBiSeva: novosti s
chelovecheskim litsom. It is not really a news programme, it is a
collage of curious soundbites from the world's media with extensive
commentary in Russian from most unusual sources. You can easily find
the daily podcast on the BBC Russian Service site.
- BBC has one called Вам Слова.  It's not a podcast, but a call-in show.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/russian/radio/2009/04/000000_radio_slovo.shtml
- I also listen to Piatyi etazh from the BBC World Service
(<http://www.bbc.co.uk/russian/radio/2010/02/000000_podcast_5floor.shtml>.
- If you check out itunes, you can find utro on BBC with some
suggestions of other programs at the bottom of the page.
- I enjoy some of the podcasts from Deutsche Welle that are available
through iTunes and was upset when they cut them back to just eight
minutes or so each a few months ago. I listen to Nauka i tekhnika and
Chital'nyi zal. If I remember rightly, there is a business one
available, too.
- at http://rpod.ru/podcasts/ - I like the one from NovaRadio and I
also like the (pardon me) сиськи-письки шоу - although clearly this
one is going to have plenty of language.

Many thanks to the list for these suggestions!

All the best,

Annie
--
Anne O. Fisher, Ph.D.