Reading list for folklore volunteers

Anne Fisher anne.o.fisher at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 17 20:53:22 UTC 2010

This is also not fiction, but it is about adjusting to life in rural
Russia and might be good preparatory reading for those without prior
experience there - _The Stork's Nest: Life and Love in the Russian
Countryside_ by Laura Williams. And, this isn't exactly fiction
either, but Doug Rogers's book _The Old Faith and The Russian Land_
might be useful to dip into.

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Genevra Gerhart <ggerhart at comcast.net> wrote:
> Ladies and gentlemen,
>
> A friend has asked me to supply a reading list of books that might be
> helpful to foreigners who will be helping out on folklore expeditions in
> rural Russia.  The books must be fiction, in English, and mostly set in the
> countryside.
>
> Mail to Margaret at  mmck at sccd.ctc.edu, or maybe the list would be
> interested?
>
> Thanks for any help you can give.
>

> Genevra Gerhart
>

>  <mailto:ggerhart at comcast.net> ggerhart at comcast.net
>

>  <http://www.genevragerhart.com> www.genevragerhart.com
>
>  <http://www.russiancommonknowledge.com> www.russiancommonknowledge.com

>  options, and more.  Visit and bookmark the SEELANGS Web Interface at:
>                    http://seelangs.home.comcast.net/

Anne O. Fisher, Ph.D.
Russian Interpreter and Translator
anne.o.fisher at gmail.com