apartment in St. Petersburg from mid-July to end of August?

Stefani, Sara Marie samastef at INDIANA.EDU
Sun Apr 3 14:04:32 UTC 2011

As for craigslist-like sites - I'm not sure about St. Petersburg, but those interested in finding housing in Moscow can check out expat.ru. There are often announcements from expats looking to rent out a room in their apartment. The site also has advertisements for English tutors and teachers (since questions about teaching English in Russia also seem to come up a lot). Strangely, the "Vacancies" tab is for employment. If you're looking for housing, you have to go to "Real Estate" -- "Offered."

Good luck!

From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list [SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU] on behalf of Bill Leidy [leidy at STANFORD.EDU]
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2011 2:25 AM
To: SEELANGS at BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] apartment in St. Petersburg from mid-July to end of August?

Dear SEELANGers,

I thought I might as well add my voice to the chorus of temporary
housing hunters. I'm looking for an apartment or a room in St.
Petersburg this summer while I conduct research there. The approximate
dates of my stay will probably end up being something like July 24 to
August 26. If you have any leads or advice (such as helpful websites to
search for listings), please contact me directly at <leidy at stanford.edu>.

By the way, just curious if knows whether any craigslist-like sites have
sprung up in Russia in the last couple years?

Thanks!

Bill Leidy
Doctoral Candidate
Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
Stanford University